Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The adventure starts here!

This is my first post as the Frugal Queen, and I am so excited to be able to share all my frugal knowledge with everyone.! First, a little bit of background.....I am a sahm of five awesome kids, two girls and three boys. Daycare costs are outrageous these days, so when baby #4 came along we made the decision to be a one income family. My husband is a hard worker and makes decent money, but it was still very hard to make ends meet. So I started looking for ways to save money and cut costs. Now, two years later, we are still a one income family but now we still have money left over at the end of the month! I learned how to live more frugally, and how to make some extra money online and it made a huge difference in our lifestyle! We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen right now, and we can afford it! Two years ago we were struggling to keep food in the kitchen. Well, that's enough background :)
It is my goal to post on here at least once a day with recipes, frugal tips, and ways to make extra cash. I will also be posting any deals I find online. Here's a recipe for a great, cheap, all purpose cleaner:

1 Tbsp ammonia
1 Tbsp liquid soap
2 cups water
Mix together and use for general cleaning

Did you know that if you add about a tablespoon of baking soda to your dishwater, it will cut the grease and you will use less soap?

How about some muffins for breakfast? You can't beat this recipe, it's very easy and inexpensive:

Ice cream muffins
Ingredients:
2 cps self rising flour 2 cps vanilla ice cream softened
Instructions:
Combine flour and ice cream,beat until smooth.Line muffin cups with paper muffin cups. Fill 3/4 of the way with mix. Bake at 425 for 20 to 25 minutes. My kids beg for these!

That's all for now, see you soon!
Frugal Queen :)

No comments: